Best Car Accident Attorneys in Torrance, California
For many, driving a new car is a dreamlike experience. Navigating the winding the Southern California roads would be a breeze if there were no cars in sight. In reality, hundreds of drivers pass through these roads every day, causing traffic and driving hazards.
Driving a new car can quickly become a nightmare in the unfortunate event of a car accident. If this occurs, contact an experienced Torrance auto accident lawyer at Wilshire Law Firm for a FREE legal consultation. We can give you a comprehensive understanding of your rights and the best legal options for recovery. Just pick up the phone and call us for immediate assistance.
Transportation and Infrastructure in Torrance
Located in the South Bay region of Los Angeles County, Torrance is a booming center of commerce. The city is a beautiful jewel with beaches along the pacific coast highway, acres upon acres of parkland, and other treasures.
The "Balanced City" is not only among the safest cities in southern California, but it is also home to approximately 15,000 businesses which produce the 2nd highest sales volume in LA county, including the World Headquarters of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc. and the National Headquarters of American Honda Motor Company. More than 145,000 people call Torrance home - and many more are to come.
As the city grows, so will the population of people who travel its streets and roadways. As a result, Torrance will likely experience an increase in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and other traffic accidents in the coming years.
Fortunately, our award-winning, # 1 personal injury law firm has a site in Torrance, and we're ready to provide legal advice to all auto and pedestrian accident victims and their families.
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident and are seeking a personal injury lawyer, contact a Torrance car accident attorney at Wilshire Law Firm as soon as possible. The steps you take following your accident are critically important for your future.
Contacting an experienced Torrance car accident lawyer at our law firm is the right way to seek justice and the financial compensation you may be entitled to as a result of your accident.
Why Do Car Crashes Happen?
With features like autonomous braking, lane-keep assist, and forward-collision warning hitting the market over the past two decades, it's clear that car manufacturers are investing in technologies that prevent accidents and keep drivers and passengers safe.
In fact, vehicles may be safer than they've ever been. Yes, despite the many accident prevention measures introduced over the past twenty years, more than 7.2 million vehicle accidents were reported to police in the United States in 2016, a 15 percent increase over the previous year.
Even though vehicles might be safer now, driving a car is still the most dangerous everyday activity around. One of the biggest contributing factors, of course, is driver error.
Additionally, car accidents tend to take place for the following reasons:
- Distracted Driving - Cell phones, conversations with passengers, even something as innocent as changing the station on the radio can lead to an auto accident.
- Alcohol Use - Fatal crashes involving an alcohol-impaired driver accounted for 29 percent of all traffic fatalities in 2017.
- Recklessness - Speeding was cited as a contributing factor in more than 10,000 traffic fatalities and wrongful death in 2016, the highest figure since 2012.
- Poor/Unsafe Road Conditions - Strong rains and a stiff wind can both play a part in vehicle accidents. Cars may hydroplane, slip out of control, or suddenly veer into the path of another vehicle due to adverse conditions. Furthermore, roads that are not properly maintained by government authorities can contribute to car accidents.
- Mechanical Defect - If a car is not properly maintained, or if it is designed, built, or sold with defective parts, then a vehicular crash can occur due to a mechanical malfunction.
Regardless of the cause, there are a number of accident situations that occur more often than others. Consulting with a Torrance car accident lawyer at our law office who has years of experience with each kind of auto accident can make all the difference in your personal injury case.
What Are Some Common Torrance Car Accident Injuries?
In 2016, nearly 3.2 million people were injured in motor vehicle crashes, according to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Don't be fooled, either; even low-impact and low-speed accidents can cause serious injuries.
Some of the most common car accident and truck accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bone(s)
- Road rash/cuts
- Emotional distress
- Other very serious injuries
Many car accident victims may not immediately feel the full effects of being in an accident; this is due to the adrenaline rush that most accident victims experience.
If you've been involved in a car accident or truck accident, it's important to seek prompt medical attention to determine the true extent of your injuries. Wilshire Law Firm's extensive network of medical, investigative, and other experts can help put accident victims on their path to recovery.
What Compensation Is Available For A Car Accident Lawsuit in Torrance?
The most important key to successfully proving your car accident case? Identifying the liable party or parties.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, there are a number of parties who may ultimately be found liable for the damages you have suffered, including:
- Other drivers
- Vehicle owners
- Driver employers (if the other driver was on the clock)
- Manufacturers/Shipping companies/Retailers/Marketers
One complicating factor in a car accident claim: What happens if you were partially at fault for your accident?
In this scenario, California utilizes Pure Comparative Fault. Also known as Pure Comparative Negligence, this system reduces the compensation awarded to a car accident victim by their degree of fault in an accident. For example, if you are determined to be 20% at fault for an accident, then the total compensation awarded to you will be reduced by 20%.
Another factor that can impact your case is whether the liable driver has car insurance. Unfortunately, there are many drivers in California who are either uninsured or underinsured. Some insurance industry studies place the percentage of uninsured drivers in California at more than 15%.
Due to the high number of uninsured drivers, it's critical that you carry uninsured motorist benefits. This way, if you are a car accident victim as a result of an uninsured or underinsured motorist, you can recover damages directly from your insurer instead of filing a claim with a third party. Without underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage, you may not be able to recover any damages that result from your accident.
What Damages are there in a Vehicle Accident Claim?
Let’s say you're the victim of a car accident that was caused by someone else's negligence or recklessness. You deserve monetary compensation for your medical bills and losses.
It is no secret that the true cost of a seemingly minor accident can quickly become expensive. Injuries can take months or years to fully heal. Lost wages and other expenses can begin to pile up.
If you've been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
- Specific Damages - Past and future medical bills; Lost wages; Lost earning potential; Necessary home or vehicle modifications; Repair/replacement services such as child care or home and vehicle maintenance
- General Damages - Physical pain and suffering; Loss of consortium; Emotional distress
What Do You Do After a Car Accident in Torrance?
When a car crash occurs, it always takes everyone by surprise. Nevertheless, it's important to be prepared in the event you find yourself involved in an accident, whether it caused a minor or catastrophic injury.
There are specific steps that accident victims should take to protect both their physical health and their legal rights, including:
- Don't panic - Move all vehicles out of the roadway, if possible.
- Check for injuries - Evaluate the people involved in the accident for injuries, and call for emergency medical services as required. Even drivers who don't think they are seriously hurt should be examined by a medical professional as soon as possible.
- Call the police - You should request an ambulance as well, if necessary. Ask the police to create a detailed accident report for your records.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s) - Don't admit liability at the scene or when speaking with the other party's insurance company.
- Begin collecting evidence - Take pictures of the damage with your cell phone, along with the accident scene as a whole. Get the contact information of any witnesses, and gather any debris that may have broken off from your vehicle in the accident
- Consult with a Torrance car accident lawyer at Wilshire Law Firm. With over $750,000,000 recovered for their clients, an exceptional vehicle accident lawyer at Wilshire Law Firm will utilize proven legal strategies to get car accident victims the compensation they deserve.
How Can Our Car Crash Lawyers in Torrance Help?
There are plenty of other law firms that take on an excessive amount of cases in many fields unrelated to personal injury law. Unlike these law firms, the car accident attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm focus exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death cases. We don't do criminal law. We don't do divorce. We don't believe in the jack-of-all-trades approach that some law firms take. We do believe in being exceptionally good at our jobs and giving each and every client we serve 110%.
At Wilshire Law Firm, our team of qualified personal injury lawyers specializes in helping individuals and their families whose lives have been impacted by a car accident.
We know how to deal with the legal system and insurance companies to ensure that you get any compensation that you may deserve if your accident is caused by another party's negligence.
Contact a Torrance personal injury attorney at our firm to discuss your situation and let us help you understand your rights and fight for the compensation you may deserve. We offer free consultations and are eager to work with you on your personal injury claim.
Our Practice Areas
Below are some, but not all, of case types we handle:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
If you don't see your case type listed above, please call a Torrance personal injury lawyer to find out whether we can help you. Even if we do not handle your specific case type, we will refer you to another law firm that we trust enough to stake our reputation in. Whatever the case, the best car accident lawyers Torrance can offer WILL provide the legal help you need.
Why You Should Choose Wilshire Law Firm
When you choose Wilshire Law Firm, you choose an award-winning team of top 1% lawyers. You choose a hand-picked staff of highly trained investigators, negotiators, paralegals, and support staff who all share one goal: to maximize your recovery. We have the experience, resources, and proven track record to help you fight insurance companies - and win.
You are entitled to the best possible representation from a Torrance auto collision lawyer at our law office, regardless of your financial status or the potential value of your case. From the moment you retain our services, you receive VIP treatment. We do all the paperwork. We schedule every appointment. We cover every legal expense. You don't owe us attorney fees until and unless we make a successful recovery, guaranteed!
As a Wilshire Law Firm client, Torrance automobile accident lawyers can provide the following benefits and services:
- A thorough and informative review of your case. Regardless of how many questions and concerns you might have, our dedicated staff of legal experts will provide you the knowledge you need to understand exactly where you stand. By the time you're finished with your initial consultation, you will feel significantly more secure about your situation.
- We can come to you. At Wilshire Law Firm, we understand that accident victims can't come to one of our 20+ office locations because they are still recovering at home or in the hospital. That is not a problem. We will come to you and take care of you, because it is our firm's topmost priority to meet the needs of our clients.
- We have a reputation for success. The high number of referrals we receive through word of mouth is a testament to the exceptional quality of our services. A Torrance auto accident attorney at our firm provides frequent case status updates, maintains open communication, and keeps you involved in every major decision. Nothing goes forward without your approval.
- We have the right people. Our blue ribbon staff is supplemented by an extensive network of medical specialists, accident reconstruction specialists, claims examiners, and other leading professionals.
- Personalized services. We don't apply cookie-cutter solutions. We cater our legal strategies to the specific circumstances of each client's case. We take time with our clients to discuss their needs and goals, and then we fight hard to achieve them.
- You will be treated like a VIP. The moment you call us for help with your case, you become part of the Wilshire Law Firm family. No matter the time of day, you can expect us to provide respectful treatment and comfort.
Don’t wait if you or someone you know recently sustained significant injuries in a Torrance car accident.
Call (800) 522 7274 to speak with a Torrance car accident attorney at Wilshire Law Firm now.
Serving the People of Torrance
After an accident, you need an award-winning team of passionate attorneys who will fight for you. At Wilshire Law Firm, we have a track record for winning in the courtroom, and we leverage our reputation to settle your case for maximum value, as quickly as possible.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. That's why we stay in constant communication with our clients and return your phone calls within 24 hours. Before you talk to an insurance company, talk to a Torrance car accident attorney and find out why Wilshire Law Firm is considered the best car accident law firm in Torrance.