Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Riverside, California, is an ideal place for motorcycle enthusiasts. The city is home to the classic near-perfect weather that Southern California is known for – with highways offering scenic mountain and ocean views to boot. Whether for pure recreation or as a means of getting from place to place, motorcycle riding is inherently a part of life on Riverside’s roads.
In Southern California, car and motorcycle accidents are fairly common, and according to statistics, there are over 2600 people killed or injured car accidents just in Riverside each year. The national statistics on accidents reveal that motorcyclists are even more at risk than car drivers, as they are 30 percent more likely to be killed in an accident than car drivers. While some accidents are unavoidable, often times motorcycle accidents are caused by reckless, careless, or negligent car drivers.
We’ve worked on many motorcycle accident cases over the years. If you or a family member has been involved in a motorcycle accident, we can help. At Wilshire Law Firm, our experienced attorneys can work with you to figure out how to maximize any potential insurance settlements, and to ensure that you are able to properly navigate your way through the legal system. We are experts in this area of law, and we will vigorously advocate on your behalf. Contact Wilshire Law Firm to talk to an attorney about your matter and how we can work with you.
Common Types of Motorcycle Injuries
Typically, in motorcycle accidents, the motorcyclist makes direct contact with the road upon impact, causing serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Broken bones: Broken arms, legs, fingers, and ribs are among the more typical injuries.
- Road rash: Since motorcycles offer little to protect a rider’s body, another very common injury is road rash, or significant burns and scrapes. Not only is road rash painful, but it can also lead to infections.
- Traumatic injuries: Many motorcyclists involved in collisions suffer even more traumatic, life-altering injuries, such as paralysis and disfigurement, and some are left with permanent disabilities.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are the leading cause of death for motorcyclists involved in accidents, since it is very typical for motorcyclists to get thrown from their bikes during a collision. To help prevent head injuries, in California, motorcyclists (and all motorcycle passengers) are required to wear helmets that meet the standards the U.S. Department of Transportation has established.
Injuries are not always avoidable, but motorcyclists can be better protected by wearing protective gear when they ride. Here is a list of protective gear for motorcyclists recommended by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Motorcycle Accidents in Riverside (Stats, General Information, Data, etc.)
According to an article in Riverside’s newspaper, the Riverside Press Enterprise, “national statistics show that a fatal motorcycle crash is most likely to occur in the late afternoon to mid-evening, which police and instructors theorize is because that’s when sometimes-riders are more likely to be on the road after breaking free from the workday.”
Here are some other statistics involving motorcyclists involved in accidents:
- The majority of the victims in motorcycle accidents are male – primarily because males ride motorcycles more frequently than females.
- Riders over 40 years of age are more often involved in accidents than younger riders.
- Nearly a quarter of all motorcycle accidents involve alcohol in some capacity.
- Motorcyclists are four times more likely to die riding super-sport motorcycles then they are riding cruisers and standard bikes, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Data shows that rate of fatal crashes is 31 percent lower for motorcyclists who ride bikes equipped with optional antilock brakes than for the same model bikes that do not have them.
- In 2016 (the most recent year this data was available), 27 percent of motorcycle drivers killed in did not have a valid motorcycle license, though one is required in every state. In the same year, only 16 percent of passengers involved in fatal crashes did not have valid driver’s licenses.
According to the Governors Highway Safety Association other factors that frequently contribute to motorcycle accident fatalities include:
- Rider inexperience and operator error
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted riding
When there is a motorcycle collision, determining who is at fault – or liable, is important. A person driving a car may be found to be liable in an accident if they are not following the rules of the road and are speeding, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol or distractedly, or if they are acting carelessly. An automobile driver may be liable for the crash particularly if the motorcycle driver was driving cautiously and responsibly, and the automobile driver’s actions caused injuries to the motorcyclist.
Other Types of Accidents We Handle
At Wilshire Law Firm, we have expertise and experience in all types of personal injury law matters, including not only motorcycle accidents, but auto, bicycle and truck accidents as well. The depth of our expertise also includes:
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Boat Accidents (including Cruise Ship Accidents)
- Airplane Accidents
- Train Accidents
In addition to transportation-related matters, we also specialize in injury matters related to:
- Food poisoning
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Catastrophic Injury
- Battery Explosions
- Wrongful Death
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Assault
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Workplace Accidents * Sexual Assault
Free Consultation in Riverside Motorcycle Matters
At Wilshire Law Firm, we specialize in helping individuals or their families whose lives have been impacted by a motorcycle accident. We know how to deal with the legal system and insurance companies to ensure that you get any compensation that you may deserve if your accident is caused by another party’s negligence. Let’s talk about your situation and let us help understand your rights and fight for the compensation you may deserve. We offer free consultations, and are eager to work with you.
Get Your Free Case Consultation
excellent jobThe Wilshire Law firm has did an excellent job of service in handlhandling my case I would recommend anyone to be assisted by them for the simple fact if you have a case you will be compensated and with great friendly professional service too.
I'm leaving here a happy clientThanks Kerry, Stella and Cintia for making this unfortunate situation turn into the results I had hoped for. Everyone was so professional and kind threw this whole experience. Today I picked up my settlement check and I'm leaving here a happy client