Amusement Park Accident Lawyers in California
California Amusement Park Accident Lawyers
Amusement parks bring joy to thousands of individuals every year, both young and old alike.
In California, we have the good fortune to be home to a number of great theme parks:
- California Adventure
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
- Universal Studios
- California’s Great America
- Gilroy Gardens
- Downtown Disney
- Belmont Park
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Pacific Park – Santa Monica Pier
- Waterworld California
- Children’s Fairyland
- Adventure City
- Raging Waters
Unfortunately, accidents at amusement parks do occur, and can result in significant injuries, and in extreme cases, loss of life.
Amusement Park Injury Liability in California
It is the responsibility of the amusement park owners and management to provide a safe environment for park patrons. This includes maintaining park grounds and fixing any potential hazards. It is their responsibility to ensure that equipment and rides are safe for public use. They are also responsible for properly training employees and ride operators.
Common Theme Park Accidents
- Roller Coaster Accident
- Ride Malfunction
- Roller Coaster Accident
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Animal Bite
- Premises Liability
Common Amusement Park Injuries
- Broken Bone Injury
- Head Injury
- Laceration Injury
- Neck Injury
- Slip and Fall Injury
- Wrongful Death
Amusement Park Injury Cases
Injuries that have occurred in a theme park may have grounds for a lawsuit.
If it can be shown that park operators were negligent, and did not provide a safe environment for park visitors, they can be found at fault.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we believe that the negligent party should be held responsible for their negligence. Our amusement park injury lawyers are ready to help you see justice served.
Why You Need An Amusement Park Injury Attorney
Filing a lawsuit against a theme park can be a costly endeavor, as they have the resources to put up a significant fight. The theme park attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm have the resources to go toe-to-toe with these large corporations, and we have the skill and determination to win.
Personal Injury Lawyer Advises on Amusement Park Accident Risks
Everyday life can become boring and exhausting at times and you feel the need to do something exciting for a change and get away from daily routine. Amusement parks serve as a great place for this purpose because they offer excitement and thrill. But it is extremely important that when you visit amusement parks, you learn all the safety rules first and obey all the instructions to avoid an accident. Be careful when you board a thrill ride and always maintain appropriate behavior for your own sake.
A lot of accidents occur in amusement parks mainly because its guests do not follow safety instructions and directions given by ride operators and other staff members. It is of immense importance that everyone observes safety rules to avoid any injury.
Make sure that you meet the age, height and weight requirements for each ride, and are not suffering from any health problem before boarding the ride to be safe. However, if you do get into an accident and sustain injuries, it is important to consult an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as you can.
IAAPA has issued the following set of instructions that amusement park visitors can use to ensure their safety:
- When a ride is about to stop, do not hasten to get out of it. Keep yourself seated in the ride and wait for it to stop completely. Remain seated in the ride and when the ride operators give you instruction to get out, only then should you remove yourself from the seat and exit the ride.
- Rides are installed with safety equipment, and amusement parks provide safety equipments for its guests so that they can be safe. Always use this equipment when you board a ride and remember to not loosen it or tamper with it in any way. Do not attempt to free yourself from any restraints or safety device while riding. Make sure that you feel comfortable in it before the ride starts so that you don’t feel the need to free yourself from it during the ride.
- When you visit amusement parks, always obey the restrictions imposed for every ride. Follow age, health, weight and height restrictions. Do not ride if you don’t meet the requirements – period. If you are suffering from any health condition that can cause serious problems for you when you board the ride, then be responsible enough to not board that ride, no matter how fun it looks.
- You should be vigilant of your surroundings. If you notice any unsafe condition in your ride or some behavior that can endanger the safety of people, then immediately report that problem to a manager or supervisor of the amusement park so that he can fix that problem.
- Once seated in the ride, take care that you keep your head, arms and legs inside the ride. Putting your head, arms and legs out of the ride’s boundaries can result in serious or even fatal injuries.
- If you see that the ride you are about to board is damaged in some way or is in a bad condition, then do not board it. Use caution and avoid boarding any ride that looks “sketchy.”
- Nobody should be forced to ride anything that they don’t feel comfortable with. If you force someone to ride, they may panic and put themselves and others in danger.
- Protecting children against any harm is the responsibility of parents. Parents should make sure that their child understands all instructions and is well equipped with proper knowledge of safety rules. Parents should be watchful of their child’s behavior in the ride.
- Do not take things with you in the ride which has a risk of falling out while riding. Avoid taking your cell phone, wallet, hat, sunglasses, or any other loose object. You can always leave them with a friend or family member.
Generally, all amusement parks post all ride safety rules and make sure that all ride operators give verbal instructions or guide visitors with recorded announcements. Observe all the posted rules and verbal instructions given to you to stay safe from injury or accident. In case of an accident, only a qualified personal injury lawyer can help you get compensation for your damages.
FREE 24/7 Consultation ### Your Theme Park Lawsuit
When you choose Wilshire Law Firm to handle your theme park injury case, you are gaining access to all that Wilshire Law Firm has to offer. This includes:
- California’s top attorneys and legal team
- Contingency fee structure (you do not pay unless we win)
- Access to medical care before your case settles
- Free Case Evaluations
If you have an injury or wrongful death case, you need to speak with a theme park lawyer today.