Jon C. Teller, Esq.
Senior Trial Attorney at Wilshire Law Firm
Jon Teller’s work has led to world-changing results producing over $50 million dollars for his clients. In 2019, after winning the liability phase of trial that found the defendant School District 100% negligent, the case resolved for over $28,000,000; a landmark $28,715,000 school liability result.
In 2020, Jon obtained a $1,625,986 judgment in a jury trial where the defense only offered his client $250,000. Jon was recently honored by Top Verdicts for the top 10 largest results in the State of California for 2019. In 2018, Jon was honored by Top Verdict for securing the 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest arbitration awards in California. He has additionally been honored 2016's 20th largest personal injury trial verdict in California, a $3,562,000 jury verdict in a disputed liability vehicle collision. In 2017, Jon obtained a $3,550,000 result in a disputed liability case against the County of Riverside regarding a dangerous condition of public property.
As a senior trial attorney at Wilshire Law Firm, Jon assists his clients with complex legal matters, focusing his practice on catastrophic injuries, including: spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, severe shoulder and knee injuries, and other personal injury cases. His strategic, client-first approach centers on out-preparing, out-thinking, and out-working his opponents. As a former defense attorney, Jon knows how his opponents operate and uses this experience to out-strategize them to obtain incredible results for his clients.
Jon has been recognized as an outstanding advocate for his client year after year by the legal community. Jon has been named in The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40, three years in a row - 2018, 2019 and 2020. He was also named named a 2019 and 2020 SuperLawyers Rising Star.
Jon attributes his success to his passionate desire to support and advocate for those in need. Jon spends quality time building a relationship of trust and respect with each of his clients to understands the trauma his clients and their families go through. Jon’s passionate and zealous advocacy leads to true justice for his clients to obtain the best results possible.
Jon’s advocacy for the community extends beyond the courtroom. He serves as an Honorary Board Member for the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities (LATLC). In addition, Jon donates both his time and money to several charitable causes, including various school scholarship funds and organizations that help those in need of education, food, school supplies, toys for children, and medical treatment needs.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Personal Injury Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Paraplegia & Quadriplegia Accidents
- Sexual Abuse
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Wrongful Death
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- State Bar of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
Professional Affiliations and Leadership Roles
- 2019 Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Star Honoree
- 2019 Avvo 10.0 Superb Rating for Personal Injury Law
- 2019 The Recorder's Top Verdicts and Settlements
- 2019 The National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association—Top 25
- 2019 The Trucking Trial Lawyers Association—Top 10
- 2018-19 The Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association—Top 25
- 2018-19 Lawyers of Distinction Honoree
- 2018 Top Verdict Top 10 Arbitration Awards in California
- 2018 Attorney and Practice Magazine's Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney
- 2018 Attorney and Practice Magazine
- 2017-19 The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- 2017-19 American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2016 Top Verdict Top 100 Verdicts in California (20th Largest)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum Lifetime Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers' Charities (LATLC)
- J.D., Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
- B.A., York University
Notable Case Results
School District Liability (Auto v. Pedestrian)
Dangerous Condition of Public Property
Auto v. Pedestrian
Auto v. Motorcycle
Auto v. Motorcycle
Auto v. Pedestrian
Auto v. Truck