Jon C. Teller, Esq.
Senior Trial Attorney at Wilshire Law Firm
Jon C. Teller, Esq. is a senior trial attorney at Wilshire Law Firm. Jon routinely assists his clients with complex legal matters, focusing his practice on catastrophic injuries, including: significant spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, severe shoulder and knee injuries, and other personal injury cases. His strategic, client-first approach centers on out-preparing, out-thinking, and out-working his opponents.
Jon is a relentless advocate for his clients; in less than a decade, he has represented hundreds of clients and recovered tens of millions of dollars on their behalves, including multiple seven figure verdicts and settlements. His work has led to world-changing results, including a landmark $28,715,000 school liability settlement in 2019. Following a bifurcated trial that found the defendant 100% negligent during the liability phase of trial, the case resolved for over $28,000,000 prior to the jury phase of trial.
In 2018, Jon was honored by Top Verdict for securing the 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest arbitration awards in the state of California during 2018. He has additionally been honored by Top Verdict for securing 2016's 20th largest personal injury trial verdict in California, a $3,562,000 decision in a disputed liability vehicle collision.
A lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Jon’s outstanding legal work has earned the praise and recognition of his peers—he was named a 2019 Southern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers and is an admitted member of both The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 and The Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association—Top 25.
Jon attributes his success to an intense desire to support those in need. He understands the trauma that his clients and their families are going through, and he strives to obtain for them the best results possible. Jon spends quality time building a relationship of trust and respect with each of his clients because he is truly passionate about ensuring their full recovery.
His advocacy for the community extends beyond the courtroom—Jon serves as an Honorary Board Member for the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities (LATLC), donating both his time and money to several charitable causes, including toy and school supply giveaways.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Personal Injury Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Paraplegia & Quadriplegia Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Wrongful Death
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- State Bar of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum Lifetime Member
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- The Trucking Trial Lawyers Association—Top 10
- The Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association—Top 25
- The National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association—Top 25
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers' Charities (LATLC)
Awards, Honors, & Appearances
- 2019 Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Star
- 2019 Avvo 10.0 Superb Rating for Personal Injury Law
- 2019 The Recorder's Top Verdicts and Settlements
- 2018 Attorney and Practice Magazine's Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney
- 2018 Lawyers of Distinction
- 2017-18 American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys
- J.D., Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
- B.A., York University
Notable Case Results
School District Liability (Auto v. Pedestrian)
Dangerous Condition of Public Property
Auto v. Pedestrian
Auto v. Motorcycle
Auto v. Motorcycle
Auto v. Pedestrian
Auto v. Truck