Daniel DeSantis, Esq.
Senior Trial Attorney
Daniel DeSantis, Esq. is a senior trial attorney in Wilshire Law Firm's award-winning personal injury department. Through hundreds of cases, Mr. DeSantis has recovered more than $50,000,000 in settlements, aggressively fighting against insurance companies, government entities, and their counsel to obtain the absolute best result on behalf of his deserving clients.
Additionally, Mr. DeSantis' jury verdicts have collectively resulted in over $5,000,000 recovered for his injured clients. Most notably, he obtained a jury verdict on a $0 pre-trial offer that was 4x the Defendant's insurance policy. He has also hit several other jury verdicts where he has multiplied the Defendant's pre-trial offer to settle. In 2018, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) recognized these jury wins by nominating Mr. DeSantis for the prestigious Rising Stars award. Over 1,200 lawyers qualify for this honor, and Mr. DeSantis made the top 13 nominees. In 2020, his jury verdicts continued (before COVID-19) and CAALA once again nominated him, but this time as a top 5 finalist for the award.
A graduate of CAALA's Plaintiff Trial Academy, Mr. DeSantis' legal success has also been recognized by Super Lawyers with his selection to the Southern California Rising Stars list each year since 2018.
When he is not advocating for his clients, Mr. DeSantis serves as an active Board Member of the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers' Charities (LATLC). He encourages defense attorneys and insurance adjusters to join him at LATLC's charity events that give back to our local community.
Mr. DeSantis earned his Juris Doctor at the University of San Diego School of Law after earning his bachelor's degree from the University of Indiana, Bloomington.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Pedestrian Collisions
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Bicycle Collisions
- Trucking Collisions
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Sexual Abuse
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Notable Jury Verdicts
- 2019 Top 100 Motor Vehicle Accident Verdicts in California
- $1,700,000 Jury Verdict (Estate of Ling v. Georgiou, et al., Case No. NCU14-0001)
- $1,000,000 mid-trial settlement with one co-defendant
- $1,382,000 Jury Verdict (Stewart v. Wake, Case No. BC707130)
- 5.5x pre-trial offer of $250,000
- $823,045 Jury Verdict (Garcia, et al. v. Hernandez, et al., Case No. BC594703)
- 2.5x pre-trial offer of $350,000
- $619,000 Jury Verdict (Guseinov v. Jaramillo, et al., Case No. GC049017)
- $427,459 Jury Verdict (Cardona v. Vongkavivathanakul, Case No. BC724343)
- $400,000 Jury Verdict (Bagwell v. Miller, Case No. BC613634)
- 4x greater than the $100,000 liability policy, $0 pre-trial offer
- $61,000 Jury Verdict (King v. Tsung, Case No. BC586944)
- 8x the pre-trial offer of $7,500
Accolades, Professional Affiliations & Leadership Roles
- 2020 Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Rising Star Award, Finalist
- 2018 Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Rising Star Award, Nominee
- 2018-2020 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2017 CAALA Plaintiff Trial Academy Graduate
- Board Member, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers' Charities (LATLC)
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Member, Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Member, American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Member, Rotary Club of Beverly Hills
- Volunteer, Teen Cancer America
- State Bar of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
- B.A., University of Indiana, Bloomington