1-800-522-7274 AVAILABLE 24/7

Hablamos Español


Motorcycle Accident FAQs

Everything You Need to Know About Motorcycle Accidents

If you or someone you know has recently been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is absolutely critical that you obtain legal representation.

Instead of dealing with big business, powerful insurance companies on your own, you need someone in your corner, who understands what it takes to fight back, and get the legal maximum compensation for your personal injuries.

If you have questions about your motorcycle accident, we urge you to call the award-winning motorcycle accident attorneys of Wilshire Law Firm today for a FREE case evaluation.

Our team of legal experts can be reached 24/7, 365 at 1-800-522-7274. Don’t delay, call Wilshire Law Firm today! It could be the best call you ever make.

Frequently Asked Questions

If the insurance company offered me a settlement, do I still need to hire a lawyer?

Regardless of the amount, DO NOT ACCEPT the insurance company’s initial offer for settlement. If there is one thing that insurance companies can guarantee, it’s that they’ll give lowball offer.

You may be tempted to accept their offer, as a quick means to your horrible situation. But, rest assured, if you hire an experienced motorcycle accident attorney, you will look back at that initial offer as chump change!

You need serious, long-term compensation to pay for essential recovery steps, like:

  • Medical bills
  • Rehabilitation
  • Rental cars and repairs
  • Etc.

This is just the beginning of your road to recovery, and that tempting settlement offer should not be accepted without first consulting an attorney.

When should I file my motorcycle accident claim?

According to the statute of limitations in California, victims of motorcycle accidents typically have two (2) years or less to file a claim. This deadline is strictly enforced, and, if not adhered to, will render your claim obsolete. So act fast!

Simply put, the faster you act, the better off you’ll be. That’s why our team of legal experts is available 24/7, 365, ready to take your call and give you a FREE, no-obligation case evaluation.

What documents should I give to my attorney?

It is very important that you are completely upfront and honest with your attorney. This is the only way we can help you.

Having said that, it is equally important that you DO NOT ADMIT FAULT to:

  • Police
  • EMS
  • Other parties
  • Witnesses
  • Anyone else!

We cannot stress this enough!

Insurance companies cannot force you to turn over any medical records, but they will try. It is very important that you keep all accident-related documentation safe and privy to your representation.

Relevant documents may include but are not limited to:

  • Opposing party’s insurance information
  • Opposing party’s contact information
  • Police reports
  • Medical records
  • Key eye witness statements
  • Relevant photographs
  • Relevant video footage
  • Relevant audio recordings
  • Any other documents that help define the case facts

What exactly will I be compensated for?

The damages you may seek recovery for, with regards to your motorcycle accident vary, depending on your case and circumstances.

You may seek recovery for the following types of damages:

  • Injuries and property damage
  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages (past and future)
  • Pain and suffering
  • Punitive damages
  • Other damages

These damages do not apply to every case. However, you may be entitled to much more than your insurance company offers you. The only way to tell is by calling the best motorcycle accident injury lawyers in California: Wilshire Law Firm at 1-800-522-7274.

Can I recover compensation if I wasn’t wearing a helmet?

The fact that you weren’t wearing a helmet at the time of your accident may affect your chances at receiving full compensation. However, just because you weren’t wearing a helmet, doesn’t mean that you aren’t entitled to the legal maximum amount for your case.

Do not, under any circumstances, let the fact that you weren’t wearing a helmet deter you from calling an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to help you win your case. In fact, it’s even more important that you call!

Can I recover compensation if I don’t have insurance or registration?

If you don’t have insurance or registration, you DO have RIGHTS, and you may still be entitled to motorcycle accident claim compensation.

You have a very small chance of recovering any damages, if you do not consult an attorney immediately, following your accident.

We strongly urge you to call our legal experts at 1-800-522-7274 if you do not have insurance.

Can I recover compensation if I am an undocumented immigrant?

Yes. Undocumented immigrants have rights in the state of California! If you are an undocumented immigrant living in California, who has been injured in an accident, you have the right to pursue legal compensation for your damages.

What if an unidentified driver cuts me off and forces me to crash?

If you were cut off by a driver who left the scene, and you or any witnesses were not able to identify the driver, you may still have hope. The experienced motorcycle accident attorneys of Wilshire Law Firm have a history of locating hit-and-run culprits.

One of the ways in which you can avoid not getting compensation for a hit-and-run is if you have uninsured motorist coverage.

Even if the driver cannot be found, there are still remedies you may pursue to recover damages. However, without experienced legal representation, this task becomes much more difficult!

Click here to get more information on our motorcycle accident attorneys.

And remember, Wilshire Law Firm is always just a call away, should you, or someone you know, find yourself in need of a personal injury lawyer.

Learn how it works

Ride safe!