Consumer Protection Lawyers
If you believe your consumer rights have been violated, you likely aren’t alone. An award-winning team of more than a dozen lawyers and over 130 legal professionals, the consumer protection attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm aggressively fight back when the rights of consumers are violated.
Basic Consumer Rights
Under both federal and state laws, such as the newly passed California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, consumers are afforded a wide range of protections from injury or loss. When broken down to its base level, we find that consumers are afforded the following rights:
- Right to Safety—Producers must ensure that a purchased product is safe for consumers when used as intended
- Right to Information—Consumers should be well-informed and have access to substantial information when making purchasing decisions
- Right to Choose—Alternatives that vary in quality, service, and price should exist for any given product or service
- Right to Act—When a business violates the rights of consumers, those consumers should be able to protect their rights through administrative or legal means
California has several consumer protection laws in place, including its Unfair Competition Law and False Advertising Law. Scheduled to take effect on January 1st, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 expands the protection of privacy rights for consumers by giving them greater authority over which companies have access to their personal information.
Violations of Consumer Rights
As soon as a company fails to deliver on the responsibilities they have and the promises they make to consumers, it’s time to take legal action. Wrongdoing by retailers, manufacturers, and other companies comes in many forms. Some of the most common consumer rights violations include:
- Deceptive Marketing—Products that are mislabeled, are advertised with false or misleading statements, or otherwise do not work in their intended manner have been falsely advertised. This includes using fine print to trick consumers or operating through bait-and-switch advertising.
- Unfair Business Practices—Companies that hide or exclude important product information, collude on price-fixing, commit warranty fraud, fail to disclose hidden charges or fees, or otherwise exhibit unlawful conduct that harms consumers are engaging in illegal and unfair business practices.
- Fraud—When a financial transaction (including bank, credit card, and billing transactions) takes place, yet consumers are misled or lied to about the returns, financial fraud has potentially occurred. The class action attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm are here to help fraud victims join together and fight when their legal rights are violated.
- Defective and Dangerous Products—Manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and more can potentially be found liable when products are either designed defectively, contain undisclosed materials or chemicals, or do not otherwise work as intended when used as directed.
- Data Privacy—Privacy and data security class action lawsuits are an emerging field of law that is becoming more and more important with every Equifax, Target, Yahoo, and other data breaches. Wilshire Law Firm’s attorneys stay up-to-date on all the latest developments in data privacy law.
- Unauthorized Communications—Robocalls, spam messages, and recordings of consumer calls made without consumer consent are violations of the 1991 Telephone Communications Protection Act.
If you or a family member are the victim of an unsafe business practice, fraudulent advertising, or any other consumer rights violation, you are not alone. Nationally-recognized as innovative legal minds, the consumer protection attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm are here to help you heal and make sure that what happened to you doesn’t happen again.
The Benefits of a Class Action Claim
Bringing an individual claim against a corporation, seller, or anyone else involved in the handling of a product can be prohibitive and costly to most consumers, leaving companies free to continue their wrongful conduct. One of the benefits of a class action claim is that class members can band together, pooling their resources to take on the biggest companies and win, even when the individual damages a consumer suffered may be just a few dollars.
Wilshire Law Firm routinely pursues claims against companies like Apple, Delta, and Uber, helping consumers fight back against deceptive or dangerous business practices. Since 2007, we have successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients—now let us help you.
If your consumer rights have been violated, the time to take action is NOW. To get started with your FREE case consultation, contact Wilshire Law Firm today by calling (800) 522-7274, or fill out our online contact form.
TOP 1% OF LAWYERS
UNLESS YOU WIN
Highly recommended!Bobby helped me deal with a high complicated case and less than cooperative doctors. Highly recommended!
very helpfulI have to say that all the employees at Wilsher law firm were very helpful with my injury case. Look Des for me when I need a good physical therapist. Got me the most out of my case. Thank you Wilsher law firm!!!!!