Top Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA
Catastrophic accidents can lead to debilitating injuries that require years of rehabilitation. These types of serious accidents can forever change a life, depriving them of the ability to care for themselves and their loved ones.
Our California catastrophic injury lawyers understand how devastating catastrophic accidents can be and are committed to doing everything we can to fight for your rights. Typically, catastrophic injuries permanently change a person's life, preventing them from performing their job and enjoying life. The injuries suffered as a result of these accidents can have long-term effects and may involve permanent disability.
Whether a car accident caused your injuries, a large truck accident, a slip and fall incident, a workplace accident, or any other type of accident, you may be due compensation. When you or someone you love is involved in a catastrophic accident, there’s a good chance you will suffer injuries that require medical care, rehabilitation, medical equipment, and possibly in-home care. If your accident was the result of the negligence or misaction of another person(s), our Los Angeles catastrophic injury lawyers will fight for you.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries are injuries that severely (often permanently) affect a victim’s bodily functions and health. Returning to work can be out of the question for survivors, with them and their families suffering a significant decline in well-being and quality of life.
Most catastrophic injuries will fall into 1 of 3 different categories:
- Serious Injuries to the Head, Neck, or Back—Spinal Cord Injuries, Paralysis (Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Quadriplegia), Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), Skull Fractures, and Whiplash
- External injuries—Disfigurement from Amputations or Burn Injuries, Road Rash, and Scars
- Internal injuries—Internal Bleeding, Broken Bones, Nerve Damage, Loss of Eyesight, and Hearing Loss
Regardless of the injuries involved, catastrophic injury victims are frequently left fighting for their lives. A lifetime of ongoing medical and rehabilitative care may be required, creating an emotionally damaging and financially devastating situation for survivors and their families. To protect their future and secure full and fair compensation for their injuries, victims should consult with the Los Angeles catastrophic injury attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Accident Injuries
Catastrophic injuries frequently occur abruptly and without warning.
Often the result of another party’s negligence or recklessness, the common causes of catastrophic injuries are:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (Including Car Accidents)
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Amusement Park Accident
- Commercial Vehicle Accident
- Cruise Ship Accident
- Premises Liability (Including Slip and Fall Accidents)
- Dangerous or Defective Products
- Battery Explosions
Catastrophic injury victims each have unique stories—Wilshire Law Firm wants to tell yours. Our LA catastrophic injury lawyers have a proven track record of getting victims the compensation they deserve.
Who Is Liable for Catastrophic Accidents in CA?
As a result of California’s comparative negligence laws and statutes, several parties may share responsibility when reckless or negligent actions lead to catastrophic injuries.
It’s crucial to have a catastrophic injury law firm conduct a thorough investigation of your case - without one, all the individuals or entities who contributed to the injuries may not be held responsible for their actions.
- Drivers — Because catastrophic injuries commonly occur during motor vehicle crashes, the other driver (or drivers) involved may be negligent.
- Vehicle Owners — Think twice before letting your friend borrow your car. As the vehicle's owner, if your friend gets into an accident, you may still be liable for a catastrophic injury case.
- Employers — If a victim suffers an injury by an on-the-clock employee, their employer may have contributed to the circumstances leading to catastrophic injuries.
- Landowner or Tenant — Premises liability and slip and fall claims often arise from businesses, homeowners, and renters' negligent actions.
- Manufacturers — Any company responsible for the manufacturing, transportation, and retailing of a defective product that causes catastrophic injuries may ultimately be found responsible.
If you or someone you love has experienced a catastrophic injury, you’ve suffered enough—get the care you need and the compensation you deserve with Wilshire Law Firm’s catastrophic injury lawyers.
How to File A Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit?
Some of the injuries suffered following a catastrophic accident are so serious the victim may never make a full recovery. After a catastrophic accident, the injured person deserves the best medical care possible.
They will likely also need financial support to pay for medical bills and account for lost wages. If you are thinking about filing a catastrophic injury lawsuit in Los Angeles, contact Wilshire Law Firm today. We will advise you on the actions you can take to seek justice.
The following steps should be taken into consideration when filing a lawsuit for a catastrophic injury in California:
- Seek medical attention and make sure you keep a record of the care you receive
- Hire a Los Angeles catastrophic injury lawyer who understands the complexity of these types of claims
- Gather evidence and talk to any witnesses who may support your claim
- Make sure you are seeking damages for any and all future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life
How Can a Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Attorney Help?
As mentioned, catastrophic injury cases are relatively complex. The circumstances that led to your injuries were likely unexpected and extremely unfortunate. Not only is your life changed forever, but the lives of your loved ones.
The long-term physical, mental, and emotional damages that come along with these injuries can be hard to understand. They not only wreak havoc on your health but have a significant financial impact. Our Los Angeles catastrophic injury lawyers will help you understand your options and take action.
Our attorneys will start by discussing the details of your injuries and the accident that led to these unfortunate circumstances. After we understand your case, we will talk to family members and loved ones to get a better idea of how your injuries have impacted your life.
These cases require expert witnesses and doctors, nurses, rehabilitation specialists, and other medical professionals, which we will focus on. Taking the responsible party to court can be challenging, but our expert injury lawyers are ready to ensure you receive the justice you deserve.
Settlements and Verdicts
Following a catastrophic accident, a life care plan that lists a victim's current and future medical needs and costs is developed. The injured victim's specific needs are laid out, along with descriptions of the services, support, equipment, and cost of care resulting from the survivor's injuries.
The costs of catastrophic injuries, which a life care plan will cover, are as follows:
- Current and Future Medical Costs
- Present and Future Mental Health Services
- Home Healthcare Expenses
- Home Modifications such as Wheelchair Accessibility
- Transportation Expenses such as a Handicap-Accessible Van
- Medical Equipment such as a Wheelchair
- Other Special Aid, Devices, and/or Accommodations
With their own life care plan, catastrophic injury victims can accurately assess the value of their claim and rebuild their quality of life through the best settlement or award possible. The California catastrophic injury lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm can develop a life care plan and start you on your road to recovery—all it takes is a single call (800) 522 7274.
What You Need to Know About Catastrophic Injury Compensation
The compensation available to catastrophic injury survivors is likely to be substantial when the injuries are the result of another person or entity’s negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct. Don’t let the insurance company undervalue your claim!
Depending on the facts of your case, the following compensation may be available to you:
- Specific Damages—Past and future medical care, past and future wage losses, necessary repairs, renovations, replacements, and home or vehicle modifications.
- General Damages—Physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, permanent disability or disfigurement, and loss of consortium.
To demonstrate the liability of the defendant(s) and prove their negligence, you and your Los Angeles catastrophic injury attorney must show the court that:
- The defendant owed you a legal duty of care.
- The defendant breached that duty of care.
- You suffered harm as a result of the defendant’s conduct.
If you are dealing with amputation or any other injuries following a catastrophic accident in California, we can help you seek compensation. While you focus on healing, we will get you and your family the justice you deserve. Change your life with one call! For your FREE case consultation, contact us today by dialing (800) 522 7274.
Call a Los Angeles Catastrophic Accident Lawyer for Free Consultation
Just like you need top-notch medical care following a severe or debilitating injury, you need a first-class legal team to take on your case's challenges. The award-winning attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm handle the complex personal injury cases that other lawyers can't.
Our outstanding team of more than 100 legal professionals will conduct a thorough investigation of your case, arrange access and transportation to medical care, and handle all insurance-related paperwork and negotiations.
You focus on healing while we take care of the rest—that's Wilshire Law Firm. Change your life in 1 phone call! Dial (800) 522 7274 NOW, fill out our online contact form, and get your 100% FREE case consultation!
Overall a great experience.I was referred by a family friend. I have had them represent me for two cases where I was rear ended in both. My experience has been awesome!!! I would recommend Wilshire Law to anyone. The entire staff was extremely helpful and always made themselves available, overall a great experience.
Bobby is SOOOO Awesome .Bobby is SOOOO Awesome . I need consulting for a wrongful death case and he personally talked to me for a half hour and gave me great advice!
TOP 1% OF LAWYERS
UNLESS YOU WIN