Bus Accident Lawyers in California
If you’ve been injured in a bus accident, contact our experienced bus accident lawyers in California for a FREE evaluation of your case. Personal injury cases involving bus companies often involve high stakes and complex legal considerations. It is absolutely vital that you get a professional opinion before you speak with anyone from the bus or insurance companies. Your health and your financial security may depend on it!
Call us today at (800) 522-7274 for immediate assistance and free information about your rights after a bus accident in California.
California Bus Accident Statistics
According to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) website in 2014, 3,978 large buses and trucks were involved in fatal crashes, a 5-percent decrease from 2013. On average, from 2004 to 2014, intercity buses accounted for 13 percent, and school buses and transit buses accounted for 41 percent and 33 percent, respectively, of all buses involved in fatal crashes.
Large Truck and Bus Fatal Crash Statistics, 1975-2014
- Nationwide, more than 700 million passengers are transported by buses annually, according to a 2012 report by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
- Every day, there are more than 30,000 commercial buses and 450,000 school buses on the road in America alone.
- Around 12,000 children sustain injuries in school bus accidents every year.
- Around 11 children die each year from a bus accident.
- In 2011, bus accidents caused the deaths of 283 people.
- That same year, around 24,000 people were injured in bus accidents.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents in California
The first step in winning your bus accident injury claim is to figure out exactly what caused your accident and who is responsible for the resulting damages. While there are many factors and conditions that can cause a bus accident, the most common causes are:
- Bus driver fatigue from working too many hours
- Bus driver error, such as running red lights, failing to yield right-of-way, etc.
- Aggressive driver behavior, such as speeding, rapid lane changing, failing to signal, etc.
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Inadequate inspection and maintenance, which leads to mechanical malfunctions
From 2003 to 2012, 174 school-age children died in school-transportation related crashes, 55 were occupants of school transportation buses and 119 were pedestrians.
A legal professional can help determine (as well as prove) the circumstances surrounding your bus accident, including the cause and liable party. Proving – and Winning – Your Bus Accident Case
Common Carrier Law in California
State law dictates that common carriers – entities that transport goods or passengers on regular routes at set rates, like buses – “must use the utmost care and diligence for [their passengers’] safe carriage, must provide everything necessary for that purpose, and must exercise to that end a reasonable degree of skill.”
As part of this heightened standard of care, common carriers owe many duties to their passengers, including:
- Safely transporting passengers to their destinations
- Providing a safe space for passengers to enter and exit the bus
- Protecting passengers from harm, including harm by other passengers
- Maintaining the safety of all active vehicles
- Screening and properly training employees
A common carrier that fails to uphold its legal duties can be held liable for all resulting damages to a passenger.
Bus Accident Cases Require Crucial Evidence
At Wilshire Law Firm, our renowned team of bus accident attorneys can help you gather and preserve key evidence. Here are some examples of evidence that may play a crucial role in proving your claim:
- Damages to involved vehicles
- Bus driver log books
- Bus black box data
- Driver cell phone data
- Witness testimony
- Other physical evidence at the scene, such as skid marks, gouge marks, and yaw marks
It is essential to get started on an investigation as soon as possible; with each day that passes, important evidence could be lost or destroyed – and your case with it.
Prepare to Fight with Help from a Bus Accident Attorney in California
One Chance to Get Everything You Deserve
Whether you were injured as a passenger, pedestrian, or driver, you need professional assistance from an experienced bus accident lawyer who will know exactly which clause of the law to leverage in your particular case. The firm you choose could make a difference of hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars.
At Wilshire Law Firm, our renowned legal team has won more than $400,000,000 in settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. We have what the commitment, the passion, and the resources to get you maximum compensation for your losses. Call us now at (800) 522-7274 and learn the benefits of going with a powerful firm that is still rooted in a small firm feel.
totally recommend the whole firmI would like thank Stella Marin for her amazing help and fast responses with my husbands case she is the best we could of had thank you once again Stella?totally recommend the whole firm thank you Willshire law firm
Wilshire law firm helped my family exceptionallyWilshire law firm helped my family exceptionally. Thanks to Collin and Stella we were able to solve our case and we are thankful for there help. We would recommend this law firm to anyone who is looking for great lawyers.
TOP 1% OF LAWYERS
UNLESS YOU WIN