Law Clerk – Class Actions
Location: Koreatown – Los Angeles, CA 90010
Start Date: ASAP
Wilshire Law Firm’s rapidly-expanding Class Actions division is seeking a full-time law clerk join our award-winning team. Ideal candidates must be well-organized and highly-motivated. A background in a highly-regulated environment (law firm, financial sector, etc.) or experience researching and presenting complex concepts is preferred.
This is a full time salary position and does include benefits after a 90 probationary period. Competitive salary and benefits provided.
- Conduct legal research of primary sources and synthesize relevant material into brief and precise summaries
- Contact government authorities for clarification regarding statutory text ambiguities
- Assist attorneys with drafting and responding to discoveries
- Prepare written summaries of enacted and proposed legislation and regulations, industry standards, and other relevant publications
- Draft sufficient memos and letters
- Provide regular updates regarding relevant local, state, and federal laws affecting company business.
- Law degree preferred
- Knowledge of open meeting and public records laws
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- A strong ability to handle multiple internal clients with numerous and varying needs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Type at least 60 WPM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Litify or Salesforce a plus
- Able to work productively, independently, and creatively in an evolving environment
- Willingness to perform administrative and clerical duties as needed
- Company-Paid Medical Coverage (Following a 90 day Probationary Period)
- HMO/PPO/HSA Health Coverage Options
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Paid Parking
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Assistance
- Sponsored Professional Development and Training
Please submit resume and salary history to [email protected] or fill out the contact form below.